This compact, waterproof folding guide is perfect to keep at your fingertips as you explore coastal ocean waters and learn about sea turtles.
- Describes in detail the five sea turtles that inhabit the Gulf of Mexico and U.S. Atlantic: Loggerhead, Leatherback, Hawksbill, Green, and the Kemp’s Ridley
- Includes detailed description and illustrations of the hatchlings, juveniles, and adults of each species, including maps showing their North American nesting beaches and ranges
- Life cycle of mating, nesting, hatchling birth and trip to the sea, juvenile maturation and adult life is described with diagrams and text.
- Also includes sections on nesting behavior, threats to sea turtles, and conservation measures to keep them safe.
- Text and illustration by Blair and Dawn Witherington. Blair is a research scientist with the University of Florida with baccalaureate and masters degrees in biology from the University of Central Florida and a doctorate in zoology from the University of Florida. Dawn is a graphic design artist and scientific illustrator trained at the Art Institutes of Colorado and Ft. Lauderdale.
- Handy fold-out format: 6 panels each 4″ X 9″
Please note that order fulfillment is currently being delayed due to covid-19. We appreciate your understanding and thank you for your support. Orders are generally shipped within a day or two of being received but may take as long as 2-3 weeks for delivery.
Exchanges and returns are gladly accepted within 30 days of purchase. The product must be in its original condition, unused and in its original packaging. Shipping charges are not refundable.
For returns please contact our the WHOI Gift Shop at 1-508-289-2663 or email email@example.com and we will be happy to walk you through the return process. Please include a brief description of the reason for the return and the order number.